Greg is one of only three Indiana Certified Fraud Examiner that is also a Certified Financial Planner. He was three times elected President of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Central Indiana Chapter.
For over three decades, he has helped individuals and small business owners manage retirement planning, identity theft, & fraud related issues. His expertise in retirement plans has helped small business owners use pre-tax dollars in their retirement plans to purchase a business, and has helped Seniors maximize their post-retirement cash-flow. He advises individuals and business victims of identity theft.
Small businesses are frequent embezzlement victims. For example, the majority of dental practices, are embezzlement victims and their average loss is over $100,000. Some victims do not realize it is going on every day right under their nose. Using experience from investigating embezzlers and specialized training, Greg conducts a risk assessment for these businesses.
He has written extensively about financial planning, investment fraud, insurance fraud, and embezzlement -- first in an Indianapolis Business Journal weekly column, in his book Common Sense Retirement Planning, and about embezzlement published by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Fraud Magazine. The Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting has publish a research paper Greg co-authored that examines whether gender or birth country influences the choice of fraudulent number generation patterns. Read his latest article in his blog, Fraud Stupid and follow him on Twitter.
Greg has given over 100 presentations and is a frequently speaks before consumer groups, college accounting classes, and professional organizations throughout the Midwest. He is a volunteer speaker for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. His presentations are free instructional program designed for professional organizations, consumer groups and "Seniors." There are no endorsements, marketing or promotion of any company or products.
He also offers FREE CPE credits for CPAs in their office. He helps CPA staff meet Continuing Professional Education requirements. The programs meet the Indiana Accountancy Board requirements. NASBA sponsor materials.
Greg's Talks audiences:
- National Mensa Gathering - July 2018
- Guest lecturer at Ball State Miller Business School
- AHIMA national convention (American Health Information Management Assoc,)
- ACFE Southwestern Ohio Chapter
- Guest lecturer at Purdue Krannert School
- KIWANIS International Chapters
- Investment Club Chapters
- Seniors & Retirees organizations
- ACFE Central Indiana Chapter
- Indiana Association of School Business Officials
- NSPII National Advanced Insurance Fraud Seminar at the St Louis Convention Center
- Association of Government Accountants
- International Association of Administrative Professionals
- Public company financial executives meetings
- Ohio Emerging Trends in Fraud Investigation & Prevention at the Columbus Convention Center
- The Midwestern Intergovernmental Audit Forum at the Indiana Government Center
- Public libraries and churches throughout Indiana